Panama Facts


Comprising 29.157 square metres, Panama is bordered by the Caribbean in the north, the Pacific Ocean in the south, Colombia in the

east and Costa Rica in the west. The Panama Canal is frequently considered as 8th wonder of the world enabling ships to go from one ocean to the other. The diversified topography features mountains along the Caribbean coast, as well as small hills and vast savannas towards the Pacific Coast. Panama is located in the so-called Eastern Standard Time Zone.
The population actually amounts to almost 3.5 million people. While most of them – about 65% - are of a mixed culture, 14% of the population has African roots. 10% are originating from Spain and the last 10% have indigineous roots. In the capital – Panama City – alone 700.000 people are living here - 85% of the entire population are said to be Roman Catholics, while the remaining 15% are Protestants.
The average daytime temperature amounts to 25-30° Celsius with the evening hours being a bit cooler. In the period from December to May Panama features a dry season which is not very distinctive in higher regions. The Spanish language is the official language in Panama; nevertheless the English language is very common in the business world. English speaking staff is furthermore available in hotels, restaurants and places of touristic interest.

We Recommend..

  • Travel Destinations

Panama Beaches Panama Beaches The same pre-conditions applicable to the island... More detail
John Wayne Island John Wayne Island Isla Taborcillo is a small private island whic... More detail
Rio Hato Rio Hato Rio Hato is located in the province of Cocle a... More detail
Since 2007 the online travel guide #1 for Panama and Panama City.

 

Company

Services

Connect

  travelpanama.eu

  info[AT]travelpanama.eu